Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tool #10 Digital Citizenship

1. Discuss at least three things you would want to make sure your students understand about being good digital citizens. I want my students to know the importance of staying safe online in an unfiltered world. I want them to know to hide passwords, be NICE on the internet, and ask parents/adults before visiting websites.
2. Share at least one of the resources mentioned above or on the Ed Tech website that you plan to use instructionally. I plan on using the video clip and online quiz found on Brainpop about digital citizenship. I also loved the Cybersmart Young Kids website.
3. Explain briefly how you would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to your students. As mentioned previously, I will use Brainpop to introduce what digital citizenship is. Then I will use Cybersmart to teach the acronym of THINK...tell an adult, hide passwords, interesting...but check with mom/dad, be Nice, keep passwords safe.
4. Explain briefly how you plan to share the idea of digital citizenship with your parents. I will share the importance of this at Back to School night and I will also share sites to the above resources so parents are also in the know about digital citizenship.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on completion! I am so excited to see where you have gone.
    FYI..I have a whole section of Digital Citizenship links for parents on the rcelearning commons page...BrainPop also has some good videos to share.
    Great job....

    ReplyDelete

When 2 Vowels Go Walking...great for Small Group Rdg Lesson