Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tool #9 Incorporating Classroom Based Devices

I want my students to use technology, but I do need to make sure it is tied to the curriculum. When my students are using technology at stations, I need to hold them accountable. Why? First of all, I want them to be on task. Secondly, I need to know if they are mastering the objectives and ready to move on.
I checked out a few interactive websites that I can use during stations with my mini's. My favorite was Tutpup. I will definitely use this during math stations. I think my students will LOVE playing math games against other children from far away places! I had my own daughter practicing her math facts with this and she is hooked! I plan to use Studyladder during literacy stations. I could differentiate homework for higher level students with this, too.
I plan on using my I-Touches during both math and literacy stations. I love the Brainpop App and I will definitely use this....kids can watch short video clips and complete a quiz. I will use their quiz to show mastery. I will have the kids use various Apps to work on sight words (1000 sight words free) and math facts (math fact master lite) . Both of these apps record the students' scores.

1 comment:

  1. in the conference I have been attending this week...the big theme is that content drives the technology...not technology driving the content. We just need to look at ways to make it all work together. We will set aside time for you guys to play and make technology a relevant part of your classroom

    ReplyDelete

When 2 Vowels Go Walking...great for Small Group Rdg Lesson