Saturday, June 11, 2011

Tool #5

The first web tools I tried were ABCya and Wordle. I thought it would be neat for my students to use these tools in the classroom at a literacy station. We are often generating lists in the classroom...lists of word family words, lists of things that are a certain color, etc. So, I tried to make an example of how we could use ABCya to make a text picture of things that are a certain color and a Worldle of a specific word family.










Next, I made an account with Storybirds. I think this would be a great way for my students to create their own stories. Instead of relying on paper and pencil, my students could use art to be inspired. I think this might help my students that don't always have ideas for their own writing. More advanced students could collaborate on a story together. This would be another great literacy station.

1 comment:

  1. I have Storybirds linked on the reclearning commons page...for easy access. There are additional things to try as well.
    For ABCya and Wordle..these could be things that you do as a class..have students call out words..print and go...
    Good going!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

When 2 Vowels Go Walking...great for Small Group Rdg Lesson