Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tool #11

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools. I am very excited to try a lot of the tools next year! I will jump right in at the beginning of the year by embedding videos into my flipcharts. I will use worldle and ABC Wordya with the list of words my students generate. I can just type the list on my activeboard and create these cool projects with my class. They will be so ready to do this on their own in the lab or at literacy stations. I plan to use Storybirds to generate stories with my students.


2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner? I have changed my mindset from how can I use this technology, to what technology can I use to drive the curriculum. I will have to expose my students to a variety of tools so my students have choices on ways to demonstrate their knowledge of the curriculum.

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? Honestly, I surprised myself. I was able to watch the tutorials and with trial and error, figure out a lot of new things I never thought I would be able to do.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found the tools fairly easy to navigate! I look forward to learning from you and your students this coming year!

    ReplyDelete

When 2 Vowels Go Walking...great for Small Group Rdg Lesson